Enjoy beauty of Switzerland:
▪ During this autumn the Sisters of both communities received various visitors: a special one was the brother of Sr. Edelgard Plangger. He is 85 years old and a member of the Swiss Missionary Society of Bethlehem. For several decades he has been living and working as a priest in Zimbabwe. Thanks be to God that he is enjoying good health and has now returned to his ministry in Zimbabwe.
▪ Sr. Daniela Schumacher was invited by a group of women to speak about “The healing power of color and light”. Indeed, when we see a rainbow are we not reminded of the encouraging words of the Bible, and when looking at a green meadow are we not refreshed?
▪ With a specially prepared liturgy and much time spent together, the Sisters in Switzerland celebrated the feast day of Sr. Raphaela. It was a special joy that Sr. Hermenegild, who after an accident had needed pain management, was now up and running and could prepare a special feast day dinner for the Sisters.
▪ the Sisters in Niederuzwil had the pleasure of receiving a group of Girl Scouts for some days. The young people brought life into the house and impressed the sisters with their openness, joyfulness, gratitude and their ravenous appetite. The scent of wet sleeping bags, mats, and clothes lingered for a long after their departure, but happily the laughter also seemed to stay in the room where normally retreats and other sombre meetings are held.
▪ Sr. Bernhilde Roos celebrated her 70th Jubilee of Profession on August 4th. With Fr. Rosenast, SAC and another priest, the Sisters and many guests began this special day with the Holy Mass in Bernhardzell. All were touched with God’s faithfulness, which empowered Sister during her 70 years.
▪ At the end of July, Sr. Maria Dörig visited the Pallottine Sisters in Limburg. In the retreat house there she joined with a group for spiritual direction. The people were accompanied by the Psalm 27: 8 - My heart says of you, ‘Seek his face!’ Your face, Lord, I will seek.
▪ In the first days of September, Sr. Hermenegild was working in the garden and unhappily tumbled. She had to go to the hospital because back complaint, and is now getting pain management.
• In the month of June most of the Sisters were in Gossau for several days to have retreat together with members of the Union. Sr. Maria is occupied with collecting photos and historic texts in preparation for composing the history of the Pallottine Sisters in Switzerland. Instead of summer weather at this time, it is unusually cold and more like October. It is even snowing in the mountains! Nevertheless the sisters are starting to go to for their holidays and hoping for some sunshine soon.
Sr. Bernhilde Roos, SAC (more pictures in Photo Gallery)
As the summer sun slowly began to rise over the majestic Alps on the 18th of June something different was in the air. Exactly 100 years ago in this same place our beloved Sr. Bernhilde Roos, entered into our world. What a blessing her life would become for so many people, especially the little children. Now in 2013 the time had come to celebrate these past 100 years, and Bernhardzell in St. Gallen Canton, Switzerland, where Sister lives in a small community, was the honored site for the grand festival.
On June 22, 2013 another big feast came about in the Delegature of the Swizz Pallottine Sisters. Sr. Hermenegild Dörig from Niederuzwil and Sr. Adelhilde Rumpf from Bernhardzell celebrated their diamond Jubilee of profession. This time the festive community gathered in Gossau, Canton St. Gallen.
To the Eucharistic Celebration in the Vincent Pallotti Chapel of the Friedberg Secondary School the Pallottine Sisters were joined by a group of relatives of Sr. Hermenegild from Appenzell; Sr. Adelhilde´s only sister, was not able to be present due to her age and health condition. Among the festive assembly were also the president of the Swizz National Coordination Council of the UAC, Miss Melanie Dähler and, to the special joy of all, the Superior General of the Pallottine Sisters, Sr. Izabela Świerad, together with her two Councillors Sr. Stella Holisz and Sr. Maria Landsberger from Rome.