St. Vincent Pallotti, Laurel; photo by Sr. Izabela Swierad, SAC
ST. JOSEPH"S SCHOOL
In May of 1922, Sr. Agnes Puetz opened St. Joseph's School in Buckhannon, which was attached to the rear of the church. It consisted of sixteen children in eight grades. The school grew to include as many as thirty students, and two teachers were needed. However, the school remained a one room school. In 1931 enrollment declined, and in 1939, it was closed, as it could no longer compete with the public school system.
St. Joseph's School, Buckhannon, W.V.