▪ There were several meetings and celebrations of different occasions. From 15-20, the European Major Superiors of our Congregation gathered in Rome for their first Continental meeting, with the theme: Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favour with God (Luke 1:30). Materials for our discussions were based on the new document from the Congregation for Institutes of Consecrated Life and Societies of Apostolic Life, New Wine in new Wineskins. The participants were Sr. Helga Weidemann (Germany) Sr. Miroslawa Wlodarczyk (Poland) Sr. Ludwika Jastrzebska (Poland) Sr. Maria Dörig (Switzerland) Sr. Mary McNulty (England) Sr. Magdalena Pinto (Procura) and members of the General Council.Together we deliberated on the present situation of the Provinces and the future concerns.
▪ On the 17th, a historical event took place in view of reunification with Pallottine Roman Sisters. There was a meeting held between the General Councils and Provincials of our two Congregations at the Provincial House of the Pallottine Sisters in Porta Maggiore, Rome. The members listened to the testimony written by Sr. Dominika Rose, SAC and Sr. Lilia Capretti, CSAC. These two presentations revealed the initial efforts of relationship and collaboration between two Sisterly Pallottine Congregations.
▪ On the 18th, members of the two Congregations set out on a pilgrimage to Osimo and Loretto, where St. Vincent Pallotti stayed about four months in 1840 and wrote many spiritual letters.
▪ On 25th the two General Councils of Pallottine Sisters had their fourth meeting to reflect on the practical plans for the future development of the congregations. The meeting was held in the Generalate house of the Pallottine Sisters.
▪ Sr. Josephina D’Souza and Sr. Maria Ganakowska together with Sisters from Procura participated in the Holy Mass at Santo Spirito dei Napolitani to welcome the new rector Mgr. Mautizio Piscolla. The Holy Eucharist was presided by S.E. Bishop Angelo De Donatis, the Vicar for the diocese of Rome.
▪ Generalate community together with the Procura community had two special occasions for thanksgiving and celebration. On the 28th with joy and gratitude to God, we joyfully celebrated the 60th Birthday of Sr. Izabela Świerad, our Superior General. The thanksgiving Mass was celebrated in the Generalate Chapel presided by Fr. Jacob Napumdakam the Rector General of the Pallottine Fathers with other concelebrants. The invited guests extended their good wishes and took part in the agape.
▪ On the 30th, we gathered around altar in thanksgiving for the 50th professional Jubilee of Sr. Stella Holisz and Sr. Consolata Majewska in the Generalate Chapel followed by wishes and festival meal. During these celebrations we appreciated the dedication and commitment of our Sisters in the service of the Congregation and the Church.
▪ Holy Rosary Parish in Buckhannon, WV is making special efforts to get its youth interested in Service as well as Religious Life and the Priesthood. During November, a group of six men and eight women (all in their 20's), had been invited to work with our youth, 32 of them, on a mini-retreat. The retreat lasted about 6 hours and was held at the Church. The group belongs to an organization called National Evangelization Team (NET) headquartered in Minnesota. They train volunteers and send out groups of volunteers all over the USA for a nine month period to give retreats, work for parishes, schools, always with youth.
In our case, the six young men spent the night at the Rectory with the Marists, and the eight young ladies spent the night and had breakfast with Sr. Francesca Lowis at the Convent. They had many questions about Religious Life, and Sr. Francesca was somehow reminded of her days as Novice Director.
▪ Sr. Inacinha Fernandes conducted a seminar for the Couples of Christ and Women of Strength in our Nazareth Retreat Center. The seminar concluded with the Eucharistic celebration in our Chapel and a sumptuous meal joined by our Community of Nazareth.
▪ The Sisters and the students of the University College of Belize joined in prayer for Mr. Andy Choc, a policeman who had a tragic accident and is in ICU at the hospital.
▪ Sr. Astrid Meinert and Sr. Simone Hachen participated in the UAC National Congress which was held at Hofstetten from 3-5 November, 2017, with the theme: “As if all of you were founders”.
▪ During this month, we received several visitors; Sr. Ivete Garlet, the Superior General of the Pallottine Sisters together with the Provincial Superior of the Indian Province visited the Marienborn community. They were at Vallendar to inquire about the possibilities of studies for their Sisters from India. Professor Fr. George Augustin S.A.C, who is teaching at the Pallottine University, accompanied them to our Convent.
▪ Sr. Mary McNulty, Sr. Rosemarie Steinbach, Sr. Redempta Mallya and Sr. Rosemary Ombay from Tanzania were in Germany for different meetings. They too visited our communities.
▪ From 3-25 November, Sr. Urszula Kukuć, from the Procura General in Rome, was in Munich for German language course and stayed in our community.
▪ Sr. Helga Weidemann, Provincial Superior shared with the Sisters about the European Major Superiors’ meeting which was held in Rome. One of the topics was the process of reunification of two Sisters’ Congregations. The Sisters were happy to hear about the proceedings.
▪ During the simple prayer service, Sr. Basilisa Jacob, Provincial Superior accepted five Candidates into Postulancy. All of them are from different Parishes and Dioceses of Tanzania.
▪ After three months of stay in Tanzania, Sr. Anna Kot, the member of the International Formation Team returned to her community in Cameroon. She will be visiting Tanzania in different period of the year to assist the formators as well as Novices.
▪ From the 18- 22 November, Sr. M. Christine Nyirahabimana and Sr. Perpétue Nyiramahoro participated in On-Going formation seminar organized by the Association of Major Superiors at the Holy Spirit Center in Mbare- Kabgayi. The resource person Fr. Georges Kozuch SAC presented the conference based on the theme: “Fidelity and Maturity in Religious Life”.
▪ The 28th of November was the feast day of our Region. Many Sisters made a pilgrimage to the Shrine of Our Lady of Kibeho where they celebrated the 36th anniversary of the apparition of Our Lady to three young girls. Thousands of pilgrims from different parts of the world attended the celebration. The Holy Mass was presided by Bishop Céléstin Hakizimana of Gikongoro Diocese.
▪ On 4-5 November, a vigil of Apostolic Collaborators was held at the Jasna Góra Shrine in Częstochowa. The theme of the meeting was: "Mother of the Family Cenacle, Strengthen Us and Send Us!". It was a time of prayer and reflection before Our Lady. The main organizer of the reunion, Sr. Consolata Majewska, SAC gathered this night in the shrine almost thousands people from all over Poland and not only.
▪ On 4th November, the National Coordination Council elected Mr. Marek Kalka as a president of the NCC from the community in Bielsko-Biała in Poland and Sr. Monika Jagiełło SAC was elected as vice president.
To all of my dear Sisters, Friends and Family, from all over the world, who wished me a Happy Birthday on my special day, I thank you so much. I want to thank all who enriched this day by their prayers, presence, warm wishes, messages and personal greetings. Thanks of being a part of my life and my day. With prayers of gratitude,
Sr. Izabela Świerad, SAC