On April 28th, after a great meeting in Warsaw, the members of the General Council with all the Provincial, Regional and Delegature Superiors travelled to Gdańsk for the second part of the Central Assembly. It was here, in 1945, that young Pallottine Sisters arrived after the war and started a community. They came from Rajca, today belonging to Belarus. The Convent served as the Headquarters for the Polish Pallottine Missionary Sisters until 1983 when the Provincial House was moved to Warsaw.
In Gdańsk we were warmly welcomed by Sr. Kazimiera Kaczykowska, the Superior and all the Sisters. They expressed their joy in meeting the Major Superiors of the different countries. Though we could not communicate in the Polish language, the signs of love broke the barriers and made it possible to relate and converse with each other.
In the atmosphere of the Easter Octave and with the joy of risen Christ, the Polish Province hosted the Central Assembly for the Pallottine Missionary Sisters from 24th April to 3rd May. This gathering was connected with the Jubilee year of the Province who is celebrating their 85th anniversary of foundation.
The meeting was organized in two parts. The first took place in Warsaw, Ołtarzew, at the Pallottine Fathers Seminary with the participation of the General Council and the Major Superiors of Pallottine Missionary Sisters (SAC) from all over the world: Germany, England, South Africa, USA, Switzerland, Belize, Poland, India, Rwanda, Tanzania, Cameroon; also attending were the General Mission Procurator, Novice mistress of our International Novitiate, and special guests of the Pallottine Sisters of the Catholic Apostolate (CSAC) : M. Ivete Garlet, General Superior and her Councilors and Sr. Daniela Siniscalchi, Provincial Superior of Italian Province with Sr. Beatrice, her Councilor.